Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Completed Backplane Card

704 solder points and a few hours later.  I took a 15 minute break to sit with my x GF, other than that it was some seriously dizzy soldering, for a few hours.  I will give the backplane the red-pencil check tomorrow under a magnifying glass to make sure I didn't miss any points.

BTW, I am using 63/37 Rosin Core solder - .020    This is the same that I used on all 3 Apple-1 clones.
This stuff is poisonous, (lead) so make sure you have a window open or a fan or something for adequate ventilation.  I prefer it because it's easier to work with than the "safe" stuff.... but that's up to you.

As you can see below, I've inserted the Front Card into the BackPlane Card.  Nice fit, but as Mike Willegal mentioned, there is some play, so you will probably need PCB Guides (I am shopping for mine now, or may make my own).










No comments:

Post a Comment