Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My SCELBI 8H

Alright, let's get crackin' on this puppy.  So, my initial BLOG has been stomped on so I'm starting a new one.  Let's review -

1. I bought the PCBs from Mike Willegal (willegal.net).  Mike has his own build blog as he is the guy who reverse engineered and created a working clone.  Mike is still making killer progress, so keep an eye on his blog.  Contact Mike for your own set of PCBs  !

You can also find very good docs and pics at Cameron Cooper's SCELBI site, which has great history info as well.  

I will attempt to focus on my own build experience, blood, sweat, tears, frustration and all that goes with it.  For parts I'll do my best to track where I found them and cost.


2. I have been studying the schematics when I have time

3. I don't know much about this computer, but it's going to be a very fun, educational, and at times excruciating punishment

4. It appears that some parts are going to be a bit expensive (e.g. the RAM)

5. A similar chassis to the original can still be purchased, I will post as soon as I find the info I had received from the other guys working on this project: UPDATE - BUD #413 10"x12"x3"

6. This computer uses 2 voltages, +5 and -9 so a power supply will need to be constructed.  Luckily, I have a book on homebrew power supplies, so I'm hoping to locate some goodies in that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment